Saturday, July 6, 2013

Recipe: Strawberry Nectarine Shortcake

 I love nectarines!
I look forward to them every year!
I LOVE this juicy combination of peach & plum!
 
Several years ago, I discovered that they are
a great companion to strawberries.
The flavors really compliment each other!
 
So today I'm sharing my recipe for
Strawberry Nectarine Shortcake!
Here's the recipe:
Chop up 2 nectarines (each one yields 1 cup).

Chop up 1 pint of strawberries.

Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and mix them together.
Put in the fridge while you make the shortcake
in the recipe below.
 
 
Let the shortcake cool completely before serving.
PLEASE NOTE: This makes an 8x8 cake.
For a 9x13 cake, DOUBLE the recipe.
 
I like to slice my cake in half and layer
the fruit and whipped topping.
 
What's your favorite fruit?
linking up here & here & here
post signature

2 comments:

  1. That looks delish! I can't wait to try the fruit combo and your homemade shortcake! Thank you for the recipe...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stumbled on the fruit combo years ago but haven't thought to share it before. I'm so glad you validated my good taste. =) LOL!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete