Monday, October 14, 2013

Now Featuring: 32 Turns

Today I'm blog swapping with Britany at 32 Turns.
She's my best friend and I adore her!
She is super creative, stinkin' funny, and down-right gorgeous.
Please show her some love!
Take it away Brit!
 
Hi everyone! My name is Britany from 32turns and I am super excited to be taking over today for TJ. She is my bestie on and off the blogging scene and I think she is TERRIFIC!
Lately I have been crushing hard on chalkboard paint! I change my mind A LOT and chalk boards are seriously perfect decorations for someone who is often changing things up!
Chalk Board Banner
I made this banner for my daughter's 5th birthday a few weeks ago. Super easy.
Here is the supply list:
  • chalkboard paint in any color (I got mine here)
  • foam roller or brush
  • heavy cardstock or cardboard pieces
  • ribbon
Chalk Board Banner
I used pre-made heavy cardboard pennant pieces for my banner that I bought at JoAnn's. I spread them out on newspaper and rolled the black chalkboard paint on.
Chalk Board Banner
I did let it dry and paint a second coat just to get really good coverage.
After your banner pieces are dry, grab the ribbon of your choice and tie the pieces together.
Chalk Board Banner
Last step, grab some chalk and write your banner message. Of course since this was a birthday, that is what I chose to chalk on the banner. But....the awesome thing (for you constant mind changers like me) is that you can change the words and switch out the ribbon and have a completely different banner!!!
Chalk Board Banner
In my house this banner has now been transformed for Halloween to hang over my spooky decor! The post about my Halloween decorations will go up this week on my blog so check back to see the banner transformation! Thanks for having me today, hope to see you over at my little corner of blogland!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
150x150headshot I am Britany from 32 Turns. I am fast moving and fast talking. I love to cook, create and shop for great bargains! Creating is often the only thing that keeps me in my right mind. :) I am a mom to 2 beautiful girls and a wife to one sweet husband. I hope you will come see me in my little corner of blog land where you will find me sharing lifestyle tips, crafts, free printables, and yummy recipes. I try to keep things sane but I can’t help the bit of crazy that always sneaks through! Would love to get to know you too! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Recent Posts from 32Turns:
SweetSugar-Blossoms-Collage
 
THANK YOU BRIT!!
Sweeties, visit her, follow her, love her!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me HI-JACK your blog today T.J., love you my sweet friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you did! This is a flippin' sweet post! We need to do this more often. =)

    ReplyDelete