Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Tradition: Light Display Photo Scavenger Hunt

It's that time of year again: the tradition-rich holidays!
One of our absolute favorites is A Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt.
 
Grab your cameras or cell phones, invite a couple other families, print out a list for each car, split up into separate neighborhoods, set a timer for 30 minutes and GO!
 
Find as many items on the list as you can, take a picture of each one and meet back up with the other families/teams to compare your findings and enjoy some creamy cocoa and pumpkin cookies.
 
This is a game our entire family enjoys! I love seeing what the other "teams" find.
There are always "The Perfect Picture" ones:
 
And then there are these:
 That's Rudolph. I promise!
This is what happens when your overly-competitive husband won't slow down for you to take pictures. =)

Find more holiday fun at Whisicle's Countdown to Christmas! You can also follow along on Intagram, Twitter or Facebook and join in with the hashtag #Countdown2Xmas

What's YOUR favorite holiday tradition?
post signature

14 comments:

  1. I was totally going to make one of these lists! I'm glad you ended up doing it for me. This looks like so much fun. I can't wait to drive around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds, you know! =) I hope your family loves it as much as mine does. Happy Holiday!

      Delete
  2. This is such a GREAT idea!!! I love a scavenger hunt for lights. We are going walking to what we call Christmas Card Lane this weekend, I will bring this along, the kids will love, love it! #Countdown2Xmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! What a great idea to do a walking tour! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

      Delete
  3. Great idea. Love it. We are going to a big park where they have light displays set up and it is all timed to music. Might be fun to play this on the way there and back. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so fun! I'm glad you can join in the fun. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. What an awesome idea! How fun:) I love light displays at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too! My boys insist on finding the biggest and the best display every year. Merry Christmas! =)

      Delete
  5. This is so cool! Ahhh! We're going to a Christmas lights show this weekend. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect timing! Hope it helps add some fun to your festivities. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. I am going to try and do this with my family on Monday night! Thank you for sharing. It has been so fun being part of this countdown!

    Shambray
    http://www.shambray.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thoroughly enjoying this countdown too! I'm so glad you stopped by. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! It's always a fun time. =)
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete