Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Secret for Wrinkle-Free Eyes

I currently work at a middle school (grades 6-8).
Last week, I was mistaken for a student.
I thought, "WHAT?!!
Do I look like I'm 12?!"
 
But people honestly don't believe me when I tell them how old I am.
I'm WAY closer to 40 than I like to admit.
And this is why,
MY SECRET WRINKLE WEAPON:
VASELINE!!
I've used this for over 20 years and nothing else.
It's great as a make-up remover, too!
I get the Wal-Mart version of original Vaseline for $2.00.
SCORE! 
After my morning shower, I put that slick stuff on the skin directly under my eye,
I mean, RIGHT under my lashes and on down to the socket bone.
I leave it there while I do my hair and brush teeth, about 20 minutes.
Then, I simply wipe it off with a tissue.
DO NOT RE-WASH.
If there's a slight residue remaining, just rub it in.
Make sure all the shine is gone before applying make-up.
 
And since I'm spilling my secrets anyway,
here are the TOP 10 ways I combat wrinkles.
1- Sleep on your back.
Sleeping on your stomach smashes the delicate under-eye skin in an unnatural way that can set-in over time.
 
2- Always wear sunscreen.
Most facial moisturizers {and even many foundations & powders} contain SPF 15 or higher. 
 
3- Wear your sunglasses.
Otherwise, you'll spend hours squinting, creating fine lines.
 
4- Apply make-up lightly, if at all.
Over-application of foundation can over-emphasize lines. I avoid foundation completely and use only powder, but not under my eyes.
 
5- Cover up for extended sun exposure.
I live in the Valley of the Sun so if I'm outside for longer than an hour, especially poolside, I wear a hat. I carry an umbrella out during my daily lunch duty to avoid sun exposure.
 
6- Drink more water.
I'm a huge proponent of water! It will help your skin retain moisture and elasticity.
 
7- Ditch bad habits.
Cigarette smoke ages skin because it's ingredients break down collagen. Alcohol has also been proven to increase the aging process by causing wrinkles, loss of collagen, elasticity, redness, dehydration and puffiness.
 
8- Be self-aware.
 We constantly make faces when we laugh, smile, and react to life. I tend to smile right up to my eyes so I try to remember to scale it back so reduce wrinkle potential.
 
9- Get some sleep.
Your body uses that time to repair and rejuvenate. Your skin in no exception.
 
10- Be happy.
Everyone looks younger when they smile.
 
 
How do you keep wrinkles from returning?
 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love you my "12 year old" look alike friend! I do love your vaseline trick. Been using it and am trying to be like you!! I will let you know when I have succeeded and someone mistakes ME for a 12 year old! hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s really so good to visit this site, the blog has helped me a lot in my thesis, before I was quite worried to clear my concepts, thanks Vine Vera

    ReplyDelete