Monday, October 27, 2014

NEW Recipe: Maple Bacon Apple Bread

Maple Bacon Apple Bread
 
It actually cooled down here this week!
The temperature was only 85°.
It went back up to 95° by the end of the week but for a couple of days it felt like autumn.
 
This season makes me want to bake!
Here's a little something awesome that I made the other day:
I'm pretty sure I could eat a whole loaf in one sitting.
Seriously.
 
I've made apple bread a lot over the years but the bacon was calling to me.
Then the bacon was lonely so I added some maple syrup.
 
Not everyone in my house likes it (MORE FOR ME!!).
I know some people feel like bacon shouldn't be jumping food groups but I love this stuff!
 
Here's how I do it: 
 
Here's how each step looks.
I use a cheese grater to shred the apples right into the bowl.
Your bacon should be cooked before adding it to the bowl.
Make sure you spray your loaf pans evenly and really well.
 
I hope your family enjoys it as much as I do!
It's a little slice of bacon heaven. =)
Happy Fall, y'all!
post signature

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks tasty. I have to share this with my husband, I think he would like to try and make this! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was a bit skittish about it but once he tasted it I'm pretty sure he ate an entire loaf by himself! LOL!
      I hope your honey loves it, too. =)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Bacon inside the bread... I can only imagine what that tastes like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my dear, there's only one way to find out! Let me know how you like it. =)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Maple... and Bacon... I.need.this.bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes you do. It. is. awesome.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious but I'm a little weirded out by the bacon but my I've never heard of bacon ruining anything so I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! My best friend said the same thing and wouldn't even try it. I bet it would be just as delicious as Maple Apple Bread. =)
      Let me know how it turns out for you!

      Delete
  5. this looks delicious! what a great combo

    ReplyDelete