It's been pretty quiet around here; time for some excitement!
This year Popchips wants to bring the fun to the new year with
“NO RESOLUTIONS REQUIRED”.
Tell Popchips how you plan to "bring the fun (not the fat) to 2014" and you could win!
The grand prize includes
- round trip for two to Jillian Michaels "Maximize Your Life" tour
- 1 year subscription to fitfusion
- a full year supply of Popchips!
Popchips & Jillian Michaels are a perfect team! "“Popchips are my go to afternoon snack. delicious and with half the calories of fried chips and none of the chemicals, they won’t slow you down.”
Jillian is also sharing her best tips for starting the year off right!
1) this new year have more fun with your fitness. staying healthy and in shape shouldn’t be about foods you have to cut or spending hours in a gym, getting healthy can still be fun! instead of working out in a gym, get outside and mix it up during the week. go for an outdoor hike, bike ride, try skiing or take your friends with you to the gym and try a new class like my new Bodyshred!
2) it’s not about completely eliminating food groups or opting for famine in the new year. enjoy foods that taste great and are better for you. popchips are a perfect example and my favorite go to snack. they now come in 14 flavors so grab a different flavor for work, during the day, when hunger strikes, or for a quick snack. grab your bag and enjoy!
3) it’s not just about the cardio training. many people believe if they run for an hour they are shedding the pounds. the reality is your body gets used to this type of activity. strength training is a great way boost your metabolism. if you do strength training four times a week, you can increase your metabolism by 6-7 percent! taking a fun weekend boot camp class gets you outside and meeting new people who are trying to accomplish the same goals. plus switching up your workout keeps it fun.
4) making wiser eating choices doesn’t mean you have to skip the fun traditions like taco night. when picking out your main dish options, always go with lean organic meat whenever possible. lean turkey and grilled chicken are great options. and if you love beef in your taco, just make it half lean grass fed organic beef and half turkey meat for a better option that still tastes great. having a burger night? instead of piling on the condiments, which are full of calories and high fructose corn syrup, try adding sliced avocado. they are full of healthy fats that are good for your body and skin! (then add a side of popchips instead of french fries.)
Keep it going through the Superbowl and on:
5) whether you watch the super bowl for the game or the commercials, everybody has fun on super bowl sunday. unfortunately, watch parties usually include nachos, fried chicken wings, or double stuffed potato skins. you can still keep the party fun and festive by swapping out the fried stuff for smarter alternatives. try serving up tortilla popchips with fresh, homemade salsa and guacamole instead of that artificial cheese dip.
6) attending a sporting event can be another challenge. there is something about the energy of a stadium on game day that makes people want to splurge on that ten dollar hot dog. if you’re going to a game – decide ahead of time what you are going to want and pack a snack. if it’s a cold beer that you crave, bring your own 100 calorie bag of popchips or some vegetables sticks with hummus. finding a balance will give you the freedom to enjoy the fun things, like cheering on your favorite team, without derailing your efforts.
7) when choosing what to drink on new years, on game day or just a fun night out, we tend to forget that drinking your calories still count and will quickly add up. you can have fun while staying on the right track by choosing a low-calorie beer or low-calorie liquor such as tequila with fresh limes.
8) when making dinner for your family, you don’t need to skip out on the fun and nibble on salad – just eat it first! start your meals with the healthiest thing on the table like a rainbow salad or steamed vegetables. that way when you get to the bad stuff you won’t need as much to feel satisfied. also, with better options on the table, your family is more likely to eat them and reap the benefits with you!
9) a healthy lifestyle does not mean cutting everything out. people rarely accomplish their goals when they feel they are being restricted. success can be as simple as developing savvy shopping habits. start buying better substitutes for your favorite fried snacks – like popchips instead of other high calorie chemical laden brands or drink flavored sparkling water instead of soda. these simple changes will make a big difference.
Now, go BRING THE FUN, enter to win,
and treat yourself. Guilt free. =)
Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post either monetarily or with product.